Saturday, January 5, 2013

Going Down Under: Colour by TBN Flouro Nails

Welcome to the first post in this series!
Today I am pleased to show some swatches of a local brand, that won't break the bank. Enjoy!
6 Pack for $9.99 - yes, please!

All swatches are 3 coats (unless noted otherwise) over bare nail, no top coat.
The polish has a lightly matte finish.
All photos with flash.
Rain On My Parade
 A brilliant blue - very vibrant, can't wait to use it again!
Parfait
 The camera could not capture this pink, unfortunately. It's very bright, yet not Barbie pink.
Zinger
 This orange is much more "orange" in person, great coverage in 2 coats))
Cracker Jack
 This yellow is very bright! I would recommend a ridge filler or white base underneath.
Maz-Arati
 Required 4 thin coats for opacity, again - recommend layering over a white base.
But talk about highlighter neon - almost glow-in-the-dark bright!
Kermit
And the last colour, a medium jade. Again - very bright in person!

The one think that all colours have in common - slow drying time. 
Even 20 minutes later I still got dents, if I wasn't careful. It may be a characteristic specific to the fluoro components - I have no idea, but my guess is - a good top coat will save the day.

My picks from the box are Rain On My Parade and Parfait, this is a great collection for summer.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed this review!

13 comments:

  1. Bargain or what!! Love these colours, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! They are pretty good value))

      Delete
  2. I usually use Seche Vite over my polish because I am impatient. I did use a brown from this company recently and I did not notice extra dry time before I could apply the glitter coat. The only thing that makes these outstanding in any way apart from the price is the smell. I do like their range of colours. So it is not all bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the smell, a bit too harsh. And I am sure Seche would help with the drying time. Thanks for sharing))

      Delete
  3. These are amazing, so bright:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue!!! So bright and beautiful!!! Bummer about slow drying time though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright colours - I'm more a fan of TBN's glitters than their cremes but I love Parfait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I have some shimmers and glitters coming up soon))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...