Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Guest Post from Nail Treasures


I am very happy to welcome Abby to my blog today - she is superbly talented and her designs are breathtaking! You can check out her blog Nail Treasures and follow here.
Enjoy her post!!


Hello fellow cats-n-nails readers! I was completely honored when Natalia asked me to do a guest post for her (and when she did a guest post for me)! I asked her what I should paint, and she said nails inspired by a landmark/local place of interest, or place I would like to visit in Australia. If anyone knows me, they know that I love Australia, and plan to visit the magnificent country in a few years!

Here is the design I came up with:


\



Index: I want to visit Bondi, so I chose to represent it by it’s beach with the water coming to the surface of the land.
Middle: I would love to go to an Australian zoo, where I could see all of the native animals, so I chose to represent a koala by a eucalyptus flower and leaves.
Ring finger: Australia :)
Pinky finger: I dream of going to The Big Day Out and One Night Stand, so I chose to represent them by a nail of euphoria featuring Orly – Rock Solid (because I will of course be attending to see the rock bands) and Sally Hansen – In the Spotlight (because the bands and artists are “in the spotlight”).
Thumb: As some souvenirs I want to bring home some Australian nail polish, so I just painted my thumb with a blue polish followed by two coats of Kleancolor – Holo Blue.




I don’t want to list all of the polishes I used, but if you want to know a specific one, just let me know and I will tell you!
Thank you so much Natalia, for letting me do a guest post for you! Your idea was a challenge, but a lot of fun!


I hope you liked this lovely design as much as I did - isn't Abby amazing?!
Australia has never looked so good)))) Thanks, Abby!

10 comments:

  1. Very cute!! So much going on!! Would be great for a vacation nail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love how each nail stands for something, that's really awesome! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    LensVillage Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have a weekend mani link up every saturday! Come share your love for polish and spread the word! Thanks for visiting my blog girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...