Sunday, September 23, 2012

Where in the World - Day 4 Israel

Getting back to the Where in the World? challenge, hosted by Gosia from Life in Color! and Jin from Superficially Colorful. The next country is Israel and for my inspiration I chose the Wailing Wall:
Source
I have never been to Jerusalem or any part of Israel, but this was the first thing that came to mind.
To create the stone effect I knew I would have to use several techniques in layers. I started with one coat of Essie Armed and Ready, then added random blobs of Face of Australia Verdigris and TBN Rose (which is  actually a copper micro glitter that finishes like a shimmer). The next step was to add some striping tape to mark off the 'brick' lines, and finally I used Natio Divine (a fantastic one coat nude polish, reminds me of butterLondon Yummy Mummy) to sponge over lightly. Here is the result:

Natural light

With flash
I hope you enjoyed my interpretation and thanks for stopping by; next time we're going to Poland!

20 comments:

  1. wow, the depth and texture is amazing - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teneil - this was my first "successful" attempt at using striping tape!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL I was going to include it, but got too distracted with the bricks)))

      Delete
  3. I love your style honey
    really nice! =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! This is breathtaking!!!
    Such amazing work on the bricks.... and the shimmer adds so much respect to it! I LOVE this mani so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to me to have such a positive comment from you)))

      Delete
  5. I love how much thought you put into this! It looks amazing. The different layers really make it look realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sort of stuff mani's were made for!! I've pinned it on my Pinterest board. Love it well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...