Friday, September 28, 2012

Hello, kitty!

I was recently combing through my stash looking for items to part with (check out the blogsale - I added heaps of new stuff!!) and I found this Hello Kitty polish that I don't think I've worn yet.

Hello Kitty Violet Salom
It took a gazillion pictures to capture the shimmer/duochrome/whatever-it-is-called-greatness in the bottle, in real life it is very obvious in the bottle and on the nails though.
The colour builds up beautifully in two coats. I spent a whole day wearing the polish on it's own, then added a flowery stamp from BM-225 using OPI Do You Lilac It? for the second day. Here is how it looked:




I don't know if this polish is available in the US (sorry), but in Australia you can find it for $9.95 at Priceline.

And of course I couldn't have a Hello Kitty post without some cuteness spam:
First nap at home (May 19, 2012)

I call this "Cliffhanger"

"What are you looking at?"

The disappearing kitten head trick
( that hairy hand is my husband, not me)

That was when he still had baby teeth, it's much scarier now

Just having a sibling moment

"I didn't do it!"
I noticed how the little one always gets all the attention now, because he's cute and very cheeky; but used to be we only had Cat, and she got up to some fun stuff in her youth:

We never did figure out how she got up there

Enjoying a summer day in the yard

This can not be comfy!

Or can it?
As always, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this post - do you often find gems in your collection that you forgot you had, or is it just me because the collection is so 'cough' large? Catch you tomorrow))

15 comments:

  1. I love Hello Kitty! I collect them :-) Colour of nail polish is nice and with stamping it´s perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only HK themed polish I have, but there is a whole range)))

      Delete
  2. Haha so cute! My cat sleeps with his tongue out like that too! I saw the HK range in priceline, but none of the colours really jumped out at me. I'll have to keep my eye out in case they release some new ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Anthea! they're such show-offs))) I keep an eye out for any new colours too

      Delete
  3. Awesome pics. Tje uh polish is nice too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polish! I have a soft spot for all things Hello Kitty and I love the real kitty pics too! I especially had to laugh at the baby teeth one where you said it's much scarier now HAHAA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL))) he's very eager to use them at the moment!

      Delete
  5. lovely color :D
    and cats... adorable *.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute kitties!! A blog about cats and nails? I am all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look completely amazing! I am in love with your cats! The picture of your grey cat napping reminds me of my dog when he naps, too- he always has his little tongue sticking out! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitties are the cutest! Haha they are funny :) Love the polish aswell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...