Thursday, September 20, 2012

THREE Nail Art Challenge - Day 6 Emotion

So this one was a head-scratcher of a theme: what is an emotion? what is a feeling? How do i choose just one? and then when I do choose it - how do I represent it? I had been thinking about this for about a week now (cra-a-a-zy!) The obvious ones were love, happiness, unicorns and rainbows, and all things sweet; unfortunately that's not real life. Look at this little dude:
Source

I think anger, frustration and disappointment are more common. Or rather, they take more effort. Positive emotions come and go easily, but negative tend to stay with us longer. I am always for "turning a frown upside down", so to make light of the negativity I turned it into a polish concoction! As you know - polish can make the worst day better - whether it's nailmail, or a little shopping trip, or just doing your nails! Enough of the chit-chat, on to the pictures: 
L-R: Manicare Red Jelly (nameless), Essence Punk Royal Rock top coat,
 BYS Million Dollar Baby
Flash 
I like that this is layered backwards: first the glitters, then the colour.
Close up
Flash
What do you think? Do you agree with my interpretation? Stay tuned - next theme is "Soft". Thanks for stopping by!
See what the other girls did: 
Mateji ustvarjata
Purple Glitters
Mimi's Vanity Box
Nailing Nail Art
All Stars Could Be Brighter
Moonchild
Taya
Beauty By Shortylegs
Deja
Imagination In Colour
Krystalmer
Colourful Bottle
Nail Crazy
The Nail Buff
Beauty By Suzi
Gin Shivers
Ina - Hysteria of Decay
aydii* - Girl With Pink Lipstick*
Nails By Tinks
Beautiful Living blog
Manicura de Fantasia

18 comments:

  1. Nice,good idea with going with glitter first and then color,will have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of like a sandwich, except straight on to the glitter

      Delete
  2. awesome combo, love the glitters :-D
    agree, bad emotion have that nasty habit to stay with us longer :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this!!! Most people do all the lovey-dovey crap, which is fine, just not all the time!! And since I've been in a funk lately, this is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome combination, I absolutely love this :)
    I totally agree with you, bad emotions do tend to stay with us for too long :)
    You did a great job sweetie :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...we had to represent our favourite emotion, not a negative emotion... so I don´t agree with your theme. Anyway I like this mani and have never seen glitters first! have to try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just thought we don't get to pick our emotions, so nothing can be a favorite one))) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...