Friday, September 7, 2012

THREE Nail Art Challenge - Day 2 Ultra Modern (II)

As I said yesterday, I was super excited for this theme - so I've done two manis and this is Part Two. My inspiration for this one is very special - it's actually our local council building! Now the structure itself is not exactly modern (just your standard issue government building), but the light show they put on at night is awesome-sauce:
Source
The first time I drove by I had to stop and have a look!!! It moves as well))


So I tried to recreate this on my nails:

Rimmel Lemon Drop, stamping using BM-214 and Rimmel Funtime Fuschia,
Essence Let's Get Lost, Break Through and Passion for Fashion


Note the use of the verb "tried" )) I am not sure what base colour would have been the best for this, I used a pale yellow instead of a white. Anyway, it was fun to try this and now I am looking forward to the next theme - Futuristic! Thanks for stopping by and feel free to have a look at how the other ladies interpreted the theme)

Mateji ustvarjata
Purple Glitters
Mimi's Vanity Box
Nailing Nail Art
All Stars Could Be Brighter
Moonchild
Taya 
Beauty By Shortylegs
Deja
Imagination In Colour
Krystalmer
Colourful Bottle
Nail Crazy
The Nail Buff
Beauty By Suzi
Gin Shivers
Ina - Hysteria of Decay
aydii* - Girl With Pink Lipstick*
Nails By Tinks
Beautiful Living blog
Manicura de Fantasia

23 comments:

  1. That light show is AWESOME! That would be hard to recreate. What a challenge. I think I would have just worn a holo polish! Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY :) I love it a lot :)
    We have this tower thingy here in my city that they built a few years ago and it has a light show too :) It has gradient colors so sometimes its green and then it switch to yellow and red and so on :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you were inspired by this building,looks awsome!And the mani turned out pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That building looks badass :) And you recreated it very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That building is fab! Nat, I adore your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Great that you did two manicures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the most amazing building! Those are some pretty amazing nails, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this building!!! I wish we had it here in my city too!!! And I love your mani, it's a perfect recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this once again it looks fantastic :)!

    Charlotte Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I haven't tried stamping yet but im planning to. :P I just started blogging, hope you visit my site too... http://daintybabymd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...