Monday, September 10, 2012

THREE Nail Art Challenge - Day 3 Futuristic

Does anyone remember the movie Gattaca? Because that's the first thing that came to mind when I was thinking about today's theme!

Source
Although the movie has lots of sci-fi, at the core of the story is human drama, hopes and dreams. If you haven't seen it - I highly recommend it!

This is one of the turning points of the storyline - a spaceship taking off as seen by the main character:

Source
 And here he is later in the movie:
Source
So on to my interpretation of the theme.

Glossy top coat

Matte top coat
For my base I started with Layla Galaxy - a magnetic dark silver polish - to give the design depth and dimension. Then I stamped designs using about 5 different BM plates and Barry M Silver Foil. To amplify the effect of "space" I dabbed a bit of OPI Pirouette My Whistle. Here are some close ups:


 I cropped the close ups from tilted poses so the nails look a bit skewed LOL

Please let me know your thoughts and don't forget to have a look at the other participants. As always - thanks for stopping by!

Mateji ustvarjata
Purple Glitters
Mimi's Vanity Box
Nailing Nail Art
All Stars Could Be Brighter
Moonchild
Taya 
Beauty By Shortylegs
Deja
Imagination In Colour
Krystalmer
Colourful Bottle
Nail Crazy
The Nail Buff
Beauty By Suzi
Gin Shivers
Ina - Hysteria of Decay
aydii* - Girl With Pink Lipstick*
Nails By Tinks
Beautiful Living blog
Manicura de Fantasia

24 comments:

  1. That is one very cool looking mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamping! I love the whole look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen the movie, but the manicure is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mateja - it is a very good movie (in my opinion)!

      Delete
  4. this is great. good idea and very good realization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of the movie, but your nail design is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome, Natalia!!! I love how the magnetic polish adds depth to the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, really beautiful, Natalsie!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this movie and this is super cool! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how the stamped images really come out witht he matte topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, you always have such great inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, this looks so super dooper cool :D

    xo Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super futuristic! :) I love how most of us used silver for this challenge day :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. great idea, such a cool manicure, love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks great! exactly how I imagine something futuristic =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...